rss

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blog Traffic That Works

When I started my own blog a little over 6 month ago I had enough of spending money to drive traffic to my site. Previously to getting serious with blogging I dabbled for 2.5 years in network marketing and my monthly advertising budget was around $1500. Guess how much money I burned.

But this is history and therefore I didn’t want to and couldn’t spend any money to attract blog visitors. I had to think up other avenues to do this cost free and that’s exactly what I did.

To this day I haven’t spend a penny on my site for advertising and I don’t intend to in the near future either. Instead, I like to show you how I managed to get around 600 visitors a day to my blog after 6+ month.

image

This is certainly nothing flash, but I’m actually very happy with my stats so far as they are progressively moving upwards.

So let’s look at ways you can use to drive traffic to your blog without spending dime. The following methods are the same I used and still work well now.

  1. Forum participation – when I started out again back in April I visited at least 3 forums every day on a regular basis. This in essence is what kicked of the traffic to my site. I made sure to comment in each forum at least 5 times and was also making sure that my comments were helpful and valuable for the others. Please don’t visit forums to spam.
  2. Press releases – they are an often under looked form of free advertising and work quite well. But not every press release platform works the same and in this case it is hit and miss.
  3. Article submission – I used to submit articles to the big article submission sites such as Ezine Articles and Go Articles plus some others. This allowed me to place an author box at the end of the actual article and also brought me some good traffic.
  4. (Social Media) – I used to self promote on these which I know know is a bad idea and not kindly taken to on those sites. I have since taken a total different approach and help others to promote their site instead. The results have been astounding. I’m getting more and more incoming links who blog about me these days than ever before. So even it isn’t advertising, it can also help you with traffic.
  5. Commenting on other blogs – this has by far been my most effective method. Again, I don’t just write “great post” and then leave, but try to add some valuable comment that helps the discussion instead.

That’s it for me. I have to warn you though. I spend around 3.5 hours/day on commenting, reading and submitting to social media so it is a big slice out of my day. But it works for me and I happen to love what I do.

Naturally these are only but a few ways to get blog readers and they aren’t suitable for everyone.

What you should try to remember is that regardless of what you do, do it regularly and you will see results.

If you’d like to add to the conversation and tell us what free methods have worked well for you, then please do so in the comments section.

Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe as an Reader!

0 comments:


Post a Comment

← Newer Post Older Post → Home
 

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Follow Me

UseAds.com - Advertise your site at UseAds.com! Submit your site and get tons of traffic!
UseAds.com - Advertise your site at UseAds.com! Submit your site and get tons of traffic!